Nearly three years since I stopped writing on my book-centered blog, I have decided it is time to embark on a journey. A different type of journey. Since I became a father six and a half years ago, my life has changed, and definitely for the better.
As I have entered my forties, I have begun asking myself a lot of questions, doing my fair share of thinking, and, of course, read a lot of books. Questions such as:
- How do I give my two sons the best environment to grow up in?
- Does our local school district do an excellent job educating our kids?
- Is the America we live in the best it can be to raise my sons?
- What could I be doing better to help my sons succeed in life?
- What books have I not read that will expand my thinking?
- Why are our youth into socialism today?
- How has America become so divisive?
- What can I do to eat healthier and be more active?
These questions and many more I will be exploring here in this little corner of the world wide web, that I’ve entitled my Abyss. Not to be mistaken with the movie of the same name.
Through reading, writing and some self-exploration, I’m going to attempt to seek answers to these questions. By exploring my personal abyss, it is my hope to learn more about myself, the world around me, and discovering new questions to ask. I hope the result is that I not only become a better person, but a more well-rounded individual as well.